What are the Common Plumbing Problems Homeowners in Toronto Face and How Can They Be Prevented?
Our team of professionals at Drain Rooter Plumbing in Toronto is always glad to share our expertise when it comes to common plumbing problems.
In this blog we highlight common plumbing problems that homeowners in Toronto encounter and we offer tips on how they can be prevented.
1) First and foremost, make sure you know where you water main is located and ensure that you know how to turn it off. In many instances when plumbing emergencies occur it is important to shut off the water supply first as this prevents any further damage and will save you money on repairs that are needed.
2) Clogged drains and toilets are common plumbing problems that homeowners face in Toronto. Keep in mind that pipes are designed to carry water and minor waste materials that go into the sewers or your septic tank. If you put large objects in your toilet or down the drain, then this will cause clogging. So, keep a plunger handy for clogging, and for serious clogging problems then contact a professional plumbing company.
3) Another common plumbing problem that homeowners in Toronto experience is leaky plumbing fixtures. So, change the seals and washers in your faucets once you notice drips. When you catch plumbing leaks when they are small they are therefore much easier to repair. If you avoid taking care of plumbing leaks it could end up costing you more money down the road in repairs.
4) Water heater problems are common. This is why you need to flush your water tank out at least once a year in order to get rid of unnecessary build-up that results in corrosion. Flushing out your tank annually also prevents from having smelly water and ensures you will have enough hot water.
5) Blocked garbage disposal is another common plumbing problem that many of us who own homes face. So, make sure you always turn on your garbage disposal before putting anything inside it and make sure you run hot water for about half a minute before you turn it off. This all helps get rid of waste. Also, never throw banana peels, raw vegetables, sold foods, egg shells, bones or grease in your garbage disposal – they are ingredients for blockage.
When following our tips, you will save money and you don’t have to worry about hiring a plumber.
DrainRooter Plumbing in Toronto is here to help and you can call on us anytime for your plumbing needs.
Contact us today, call 416-477-4755!